The City of Irvine is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, and the community is invited to Party at the Park: Irvine’s 50th Birthday Party. The City was incorporated in 1971, and Party at the Park is the culmination of a year’s worth of activities and events honoring this milestone.
Bring your family and friends to Great Park Saturday, December 11, from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. for a family-friendly evening. There will be music, games, performances, and fun surprises throughout the event.
Admission is free, and no registration is necessary for this all-ages, family-friendly event. Music on two stages and activities throughout and surrounding the Palm Court Arts Complex will lead up to “Celebration in the Sky presented by FivePoint,” a show using more than 100 drones to light up the sky with festive images. The event will also feature:
- Live music and DJs all day
- Cultural dance performances from local community groups
- Crafts and interactive activities
- Family fun shows, games, and booths
- Food available for purchase with local food trucks on-site
- Video montage of the history of Irvine
- On-the-ground fireworks displays in multiple locations
- Special surprises to celebrate Irvine
During the event, guests are welcome to also enjoy the festive décor of Holidayz at the Park, featuring outdoor holiday lights and an indoor selfie museum with plenty of photo opportunities. The Great Park Carousel will also operate throughout the day. For a complete event program, parking information, and additional details, please visit cityofirvine.org/partyatthepark.