Jamboree Road – Photo First American Title

Yep, that’s how the road got its name

In preparation for the 1953 Boy Scout Jamboree, Irvine Company built an eight-mile gravel road. It connected Irvine Boy Scout Troop 36’s meeting house to the Jamboree site, and made it easy for visiting troops to also reach the site, which became known as “Jamboree Town,” thanks to the 35,000 tents that sprang up. Today, Jamboree Road serves as a reminder of the event 65 years ago.