As interior designers, our firm loves to take holiday decor that extra mile. Here are eight home items we are loving this season that will bring you that extra dose of cheer.
1. A bar cart is a holiday entertaining staple. This sleek version helps hosts display all of those special cocktail fixings and encourages guests to serve themselves, too.
2. Keep it cozy with this happy little touch. Holiday pillows take the charm one step further and act as a final layer of festive spirit.
3. Easiest way to bring the party outside? An outdoor fire pit. We guarantee you’ll find guests cozied up around this one, keeping warm and mingling the night away.
4. Fuse fun design and entertaining with a color-dipped cheese board. Bonus tip: Keep a few on hand for go-to hostess gifts.
5. It’s hard to argue with a classic wreath. With a swath of buffalo plaid, it’s the cherry on top for your front door.
6. Discourage holiday stress by engaging all the senses. An oil diffuser with balsam fir oil is the quickest route to those coveted holiday vibes. One deep breath and you’ll feel like you’re in the middle of a lush boreal forest.
7. It’s hard to beat the sound of Frank SInatra on a classic record player. Add a little retro to your space with some of that throwback sound.
8. You worked hard baking those festive cookies (or maybe bought them at Hudsons Cookies at Spectrum Center)! Either way, show them off on your counter with a tall cake stand.
— Carol Hill and Maggie Israel are the designers behind Shelter Design Studio.